Sunday, October 5, 2008

Final Stop....On the Beach

My final food stop in Chicago was at Oakstreet Beachstro, Oak Street Beach is between Navy Pier and North Avenue Beach at the 1000 block of Lake Shore Drive where Michigan Avenue meets Lake Shore Drive. I had the 1/2lb Certified Angus Burger, and a basket of waffle fries. The burger was huge, the fries were plentiful, but the setting of the Restaurant was even better. As you eat you can watch people boating and swimming on the shore. Beachstro is literally on the beach and only open during the summer season, so I am sure that I just caught it before they broke it down for the season. During the off season it is just a slab of concrete from October through April. I will say that no seat is a bad seat except that we cooked the first 5 minutes we were there, and had to ask for a shadier spot. The Beachstro does serve alcohol, and serves breakfast lunch and dinner. I would tell all tourist of Chicago, that this is a great place to visit....atleast one time.

No comments: